- How to Reset a Horizon Treadmill
- How to Troubleshoot Common Issues with Horizon Treadmills?
- When is the Time to Buy a New Treadmill?
- Related Questions
Horizon treadmill is one of the many stellar fitness equipment manufactured by Horizon Fitness. Horizon’s treadmills have in fact become the identity of the brand. The treadmills call for minimum maintenance and are easy to use. Is your treadmill not responding to your commands? Do you want to clear the data on your Horizon Treadmill? One simple solution to both these troubles is resetting the treadmill and fortunately it is very easy to do.
How to Reset a Horizon Treadmill
Resetting a Horizon treadmill is as simple as pressing and holding a button for a minimum of three seconds. Yes, to reset your Horizon Treadmill, you will have to press and hold the ‘Stop/Pause’ button on your treadmill until you hear a beeping sound. The sound indicates that your machine has been reset and you are good to go.
Before you press the button, make sure your treadmill is plugged in and switched on. Then look for the ‘Stop/Pause’ button which will be either on lower right-hand corner of your console or the left-hand corner of your console. The position of this button depends on the model of your treadmill.
How to Troubleshoot Common Issues with Horizon Treadmills?
Elevation function is the setting that takes care of your treadmill’s elevation (angle of the belt section). In normal conditions, you can change your elevation with just a few button presses. But this function may go kaput and you may experience problems in using it.
If your elevation function is not responding or working properly, follow the below mentioned steps.
- Switch off the treadmill and unplug it.
- Remove the motor cover after waiting for a minimum of 1 minute.
- Be mindful to check that there are no lit lights in the circuit board.
- Check that all the wires are securely placed on the circuit board. If you find a wire hanging out of its socket, plug it back in.
- Check again to ensure that all the connections are secure. Unplug and reconnect the console cable.
- Re-cover the motor and switch on the machine.
Heart Rate Function
The heart rate function monitors your pulse and tells you your heart rate while you exercise. This function is very crucial for a treadmill because with it, you can keep an eye on your heartbeat and stop working out if it shows dangerous numbers.
- Before you check if there is something wrong with the treadmill, check the contacts. Try gripping the handlebar contacts with your thumb next to your index finger.
- The heart rate function is not designed to provide continuous reading. So, try holding the grips for just 10-20 seconds for accurate reading.
- Check if you and your machine are producing too much static electricity. Static electricity can also damage the heart rate grip or can result in no reading it all. If that is the case, you will have to take care of things like avoiding synthetic clothing. Using a humidifier in the room also helps.
Running belt is a major component of a treadmill. Even the smallest issues with your running belt may result in a malfunctioning or non-working treadmill. Your running belt may get stuck (stop moving) because of loose wires or faulty cables. Do the following to troubleshoot.
- Double check all the cable connections. Specially check the console cable. Unplug and reconnect all the cables, this may fix all the loose cables.
- If you feel like a cable is pinched or damaged, you will have to change it.
- Check the cables connected to the lower board. Before you check the cables, power off your treadmill and wait for 60 seconds. Once all the lights are off, you can verify the cables and reconnect all the loose looking connections.
- Switch on the machine. Your running belt should be fine now. If it is still not working, call the customer care department of Horizon.
The display console of treadmills showcases various numbers related to your workout. If you cannot see the numbers on your console, you can do the following.
- Check if the treadmill is securely connected to the wall outlet and is switched on.
- Next check if the power cable is crimped. If you find crimps or pinches, fix them.
- Always use a 15-amp circuit to power your treadmill.
- If you cannot see any of the above problems, it will be best to contact an electrician to troubleshoot.
When is the Time to Buy a New Treadmill?
It is time to buy a new treadmill when your treadmill is getting repaired more than you are exercising on it. You can also consider buying a new one if your treadmill is very old and you would like to enjoy a newer model. Replacing the plastics of your treadmill is also a difficult task. So, if your console is broken, your handles are in bad shape or some other plastic part needs replacement, you will have to say goodbye to the treadmill.
Furthermore, you can take a call about purchasing a new treadmill when the cost of repairing a component is going beyond your budget. You can replace a few components for cheap but some important parts like treadmill motor and treadmill belt can cost anywhere between $300 – $500. For some models, the motor may cost upwards of $500.
Why Does My Horizon Treadmill Stop Suddenly?
A treadmill that stops suddenly, usually has issues with belt or the motor. Check if the belt is wonky or worn out. If that’s the case, your belt won’t move normally. To check issues with the motor, you will have to call a professional.
How Do I Know My Treadmill Motor Is Dead?
If your treadmill is not responding to any of your commands, you are facing the motor issues. Try to unplug your equipment and check all the wirings. If your machine doesn’t start despite of everything looking fine, your motor is dead and you are looking at an expensive replacement.
Is My Treadmill Belt Broken?
Treadmill belts are prone to wear and tear. They get damaged with constant use. Generally, a treadmill belt lasts for 10 years with proper care. If your belt is not moving as expected or if you see a lot of cuts and damages on your belt, your belt is broken and it will be best to replace it.
What is the Average Life of a Treadmill?
The average lifespan of a treadmill is between 7-12 years. Your machine needs proper care and regular maintenance if you want it to last you a decade. Furthermore, the life of a treadmill also depends on the brand. Some brands make sturdy equipment while others do not last long with constant heavy workout.
Do Treadmills Need Maintenance?
Your treadmill is a machine and like all machines, it needs frequent maintenance. You have to clean its parts from time to time. Some parts need lubrication and some components also require replacement after a certain time period. Experts say that you should clean the deck and the belt of your machine at least once every month and the motor area should be cleaned at least three times a year.
A Horizon treadmill is a good quality equipment that can give your years of workout without any problems. But at the end of the day, it is a machine and it may malfunction. You can use the above-mentioned tips to manage minor issues with your machine.
If you are unable to troubleshoot the issue, you can always call the Horizon company and ask for help. Horizon has a team of experienced professionals who will come down to your place and fix the problem. To avoid un-necessary hassles, service your treadmill at the prescribed intervals. You can also ask the company executives to come down for the maintenance/service procedure.